Networked Insights Privacy Notice
Last Effective Date: July 22, 2019
Introduction and Scope
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”, “Notice”) outlines Networked Insights Inc. (“Networked Insights”, we” “our” or “us”) practices with respect to information collected through our websites at http://www.networkedinsights.com/ and http://audience.ai/. We encourage you to read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices in how we collect, receive, use, store, share, transfer, and process your personal information, as well as your rights in determining what we do with the information that we collect or hold about you.
This Privacy Notice also covers our collection, use and disclosure of personal information that we collect through our service Infutor. The use of information collected through our service is limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our client has engaged Networked Insights. We collect consumer information from social media and other sources in behalf of our customers as described in this Privacy Notice.
What information we collect
We collect two types of information on users through our websites: Information that you provide to us, and information we collect using tracking technologies, which includes both personal information and non-identifiable information.
Personal information you provide us
The information we collect from you is information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites or through correspondence if you contact us. This information may include email address, password, first and last name, company name, and any content included in a correspondence with us.
Information collected via cookies and similar technology
Service Log Files:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we automatically gather server log file information when you visit our websites. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring /exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Cookies and Other Technologies:
We comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers by visiting the DAA’s consumer choice page. The opt-out process through the DAA relies upon the placement of an opt-out cookie on your device. We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. For interest-based advertisements delivered through mobile Apps, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app on your device to opt-out of targeted advertising by certain providers and can also select a system level advertising preference feature on your device (such as “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices or “Opt-out of Interest-based ads” on Android devices). The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include Google Analytics, which enables us to collect statistics on how our websites are used, perform analytics and personalize advertising. You can find out more about how Google uses this information and how you can control it at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Our website may contact links and buttons to access popular social media platforms. If you have a previous relationship with a third party, such as a social media platform, then they may recognize you and combine information collected through this website with information they already possess about you. You should access the privacy notices of such social media platforms to understand how they use your information.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
With whom and for what reasons we share information
Third Party Service Providers/Vendors: We share your information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually limited in what they are able to do with this data. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, pursuant to written instructions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements, and are not allowed to use PI they receive from us for any other purpose. Representative business processes that our service providers/vendors assist US with include:
- Web or application development/management
- Providing customer service
- Sending marketing communications
- Displaying tailored content through personalized advertising
- Conducting research and analysis
- Analytics, so that we may better understand how our site is being used in order to optimize resources
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Networked Insights, our customers, others or investigate fraud.
Corporate Transactions: To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Networked Insights’ assets. In the event of such a transaction, the acquiring company will assume the rights and obligations as described in this Privacy Notice.
Your Access and Choice in how we use your information
We provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Opt-out: If you do not wish to have your email address used by Networked Insights to promote our products or services, email email@example.com. Or, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the opt-out link included in the email or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Further, you can opt-out of interest-based advertising as described above.
- Rights to your information:We respect your control over your information and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing information that we have collected from you. Where applicable and legally required, we offer you the following rights.
- The right to access and correct your information.
- The right to request that we delete your information.
- The right to request information about the categories and pieces of personal information we process.
- The right to restrict us from processing your information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling your request, we may ask for additional information, which may include personal information, to confirm your identity. Networked Insights will respond to all requests without undue delay and not later than 45 days after we receive a request. In some cases, where necessary, we may extend the response time by up to 60 days.
How we protect your information
We take the security of our data and client’s information seriously. We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption via HTTPS and SSL on our sites to protect information transferred through our websites and employ industry-standard policies and procedures. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. If you suspect your information has been treated in violation of this Notice or that our websites have been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
How long we keep your information
We retain consumer personal information for as long as it’s needed to serve the use for which it was collected and to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies.
Children under the age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete it.
Privacy Notice Changes
From time to time Networked Insights may update and revise this Notice based on changes in our business environment or applicable law. If we propose to make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on this page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to stay abreast of any changes that may have occurred.
For questions related to our Privacy Notice or wish to inquire in how we use and process your personal information, please email:
Networked Insights Inc.
350 North Orleans Suite 8000N
Chicago IL 60654
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.